Reseller hosting is the kind of web hosting which grant reselling permission to a standard hosting account. It allows you to host multiple web sites, each under their own account.
Who should use reseller hosting?
We recommend web designer, developers, web hosting startup and people who want to manage multiple websites themselves and have full control to allocate different systems resources (like disk space, bandwidth, the number of MySQL databases,..) to each of their websites.
With reseller web hosting, you can easily assign a full control web hosting to each your client, and you become a real web hosting provider. It helps you earn more money and provide more value to each your product, like web design or private project.
Is reseller the right choice for you? It depends on your thought. Our suggestion is using reseller hosting, at least you can manage and separate all your websites/projects into multiple cases and lock/remove any from them when a project has ended or a website is stopped. Imagine when you feel confused if your clients asked a hosting login detail (and you are just a single hosting account with multiple websites on that).
What is the difference between web hosting and reseller Hosting?
Your main reseller hosting account will have the same feature like a standard cPanel web hosting account, but also have a permission to access Reseller control panel via WebHostManager (if you bought a cPanel reseller account) and Plesk (if you bought a windows reseller hosting using Plesk control panel).
You can create a number of hosting accounts depend on a limitation from a web hosting provider you purchased a reseller hosting. Each of these accounts will have the same features as any normal shared hosting account, using a private login and username.
Reseller Hosting features
When you purchased a reseller hosting, you should understand these features:
- Number of hosting accounts: You can have 10GB disk space, but you can just create 10 or 20 hosting accounts, it depends on a reseller hosting provider’s limitation.
- Overselling: Overselling means you can create unlimited hosting accounts, but also give you a chance to set each account with ‘over’ disk space or bandwidth than your reseller account plan.
- SSH enable: Some provide can enable this option for you, but it’s very limited. It’s jailed-SSH feature to help you access your reseller hosting account via SSH and using some commands to download a source from an old hosting provider or extract a zip file.
- Reseller Hosting support: Purchasing a reseller hosting account means in almost case you must be first guy support all hosting accounts under your reseller account. If there is something out of your hands, you can ask a reseller help you resolve issues. But remember, it’s limited support. Also, you can try to purchase end-user support which gives reseller hosting access directly and discusses with your clients.
- White-label: White-label Reseller hosting is the kind of reseller hosting, but your reseller hosting uses anonymous IP and DNS system. It helps you protect identify if someone wants to check where you purchase a reseller hosting. You can choose to use default white-label DNS system or setup private nameservers.
- Domain Reseller: Belongs with reseller hosting account you can ask to resell domains with a discount using your own brand. It called ‘Domain Reseller’. It’s a big additional advantage to bring more services to your end-user client.
- Web Hosting Templates: In reseller hosting business startup guide It suggests about creating a web hosting page which help you show all web hosting plans from smallest to biggest and which features should be included. We highly recommend using web hosting templates for your hosting page, because it has a good example of what things should be shown on a standard web hosting provider.
- Billing system: It’s a part to identify a web hosting business. Hiring a web hosting software license like WHMCS, Blesta, Hostbill, Clientexec will help you take care many tasks, from payment gateways, recurring invoices, automation deployment to CRM (Customer relationship Management) and ticket support.
So, don’t forget to check our Reseller Hosting plans with USA and Germany locations using a coupon ‘GETRESELLER‘ to save 10% instant. We use cPanel control panel with Cloudlinux Operating system, give you the best infrastructure to start a web hosting business.